PLEASE NOTE: Play for Voices is not reviewing new submissions for the time being as we’re programmed through 2018. We’ll likely begin reviewing submissions again at the beginning of 2018, and you’re welcome to send us your work in accordance with the below guidelines then!
Calling all literary translators, audio dramatists, and international audio drama enthusiasts!
Play for Voices welcomes submissions of English-language audio plays and audio plays in English translation.
– Plays must be written or adapted for audio presentation. We are not currently seeking unadapted stage plays or other literature.
– Plays can be of any length, and either written in English or translated into English from any language.
– Translators should determine that performance rights are available before submitting and, if possible, provide contact information for the rights holders.
– Play for Voices will retain nonexclusive first performance rights to produce selected submissions.
– Submissions should be sent by email to email@example.com and include the following attachments:
* A single MS Word document containing: 1) the original English-language audio play or the English translation of the play; 2) short bios for the author and translator; 3) an author’s or translator’s note that includes background information about the play and its production history; and 4) any details regarding rights.
* A PDF of the original play, in cases where a translation is being submitted.