Calling all literary translators, audio dramatists, and international audio drama enthusiasts!
Play for Voices welcomes submissions of English-language audio plays and audio plays in English translation.
– Plays must be written or adapted for audio presentation. We are not currently seeking unadapted stage plays or other literature.
– Plays can be of any length, and either written in English or translated into English from any language.
– Translators should determine that performance rights are available before submitting and, if possible, provide contact information for the rights holders.
– Play for Voices will retain nonexclusive first performance rights to produce selected submissions.
– Submissions should be sent by email to email@example.com and include the following attachments:
* A single MS Word document containing: 1) the original English-language audio play or the English translation of the play; 2) short bios for the author and translator; 3) an author’s or translator’s note that includes background information about the play and its production history; and 4) any details regarding rights.
* A PDF of the original play, in cases where a translation is being submitted.